1. Heat oil in a heavy pot or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together egg, milk, and melted shortening; stir into flour mixture.
4. Mix the corn kernels, scallions and pepper in a third bowl.
5. Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture until batter is formed. Fold in the corn mixture.
6. Drop fritter batter by spoonfuls into the hot oil, and fry until golden. Drain on paper towels.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
I'm a home cook with a lifelong passion for learning, exploring and experimenting in my kitchen. You can find me at @Debs1 on Twitter and @Debs121212 on Instagram.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies