- 6 cups oil for frying
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 (12 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced scallion
- 1 small chili pepper, minced
1. Heat oil in a heavy pot or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together egg, milk, and melted shortening; stir into flour mixture.
4. Mix the corn kernels, scallions and pepper in a third bowl.
5. Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture until batter is formed. Fold in the corn mixture.
6. Drop fritter batter by spoonfuls into the hot oil, and fry until golden. Drain on paper towels.